Forge of Empires ReviewHours of gameplay alongside an engaging storyline
Plan, develop & rule your own city
Explore history through the centuries
Win tactical PVP fights and conquer armies
Take part in real-life events
Pros & Cons
- Fascinating progression through the history of mankind
- Easy-to-follow instructions and storyline
- Multiple ways to gain progression
- Friendly & helpful community (hint: join a guild)
- Enjoy the game on most popular browsers & devices
- Can get a little time consuming
- Not for those who seek a brief gaming experience
- Construct your city, manage your empire, and learn about history! All while traveling through human history.
- Transform your hamlet into a town, then into a megacity!
- Build houses and produce resources cleverly and effectively. Make the most of your property!
- Create your own architectural style! There are hundreds of different mansions and castles to choose from!
- Do you enjoy competing? In multiplayer mode, win tactical PVP fights and conquer their worlds!
- Don’t feel like fighting? Trade and exchange things with your neighbors!
- Explore new areas and discover new technology!
- Take part in real-life events (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and many others) and win fantastic prizes and rewards!
Forge of Empires launched in 2012 and quickly established itself as an award-winning strategy city-building web game. This RTS MMO simulation is jam-packed with incredible stuff. Join and communicate with millions of active players worldwide!
Build your own empire and experience history, from the Stone Age to the present day and beyond. Investigate cutting-edge technologies that herald a new era, and expand your empire through complex strategic campaigns and deft actions. Forge your empire to create your own world!
In Forge of Empires, you’ll need good economic skills to fund the expansion of your empire. In this strategy game, enthusiastic builders will have numerous opportunities to develop and improve their cities. Explore new building types and technologies as you progress through the eras, and make a lasting impression with one-of-a-kind, innovative structures, to create a massive metropolis unlike any other.
To win, engage in exciting battles, employ a wide range of units, and take advantage of the terrain’s unique features. You can either take on the computer or teach other players about battle strategy on the battlefield. In Forge of Empires, you control the destiny of your empire.
To rule an entire continent, complete the single-player campaigns, or compete against other players in multiplayer mode. Research and develop more advanced battle units, innovative products, and spectacular buildings.
Does it cost money, or are there in-game purchases available?
Playing online on a desktop browser or downloading the mobile app of Forge of Empires is completely free. However, some game features can be purchased for real money if you wish to cut the waiting times and advance faster (or become stronger).
As in every strategy game, the player’s primary goal in Forge of Empires is to gather resources (aside from building the city and recruiting the army).
One of the two types of “currency” used in the game is coins. Coins are required for almost every in-game activity, including building structures, recruiting units, and unlocking new technologies. Coins aren’t utilized for commerce in Forge of Empires; instead, trading is centered on exchanging items.
Coins can be obtained in the game by using the following methods:
- The Town Hall is located in the heart of the city. Once every 24 hours, the building acquires additional coins with each new era.
- Houses or buildings from the “residential buildings” tab: Every 15 minutes, an hour, or a few hours, each generates a specified number of coins. This is the primary source of information for this resource. Furthermore, it boosts the population of the city.
- Getting missions done: Some of the jobs may reward the player with coins when they are completed.
- Conquering new territory: The player can obtain significant quantities of coins by conquering certain areas.
- Buildings that are both great and unique: Coins are generated by several of the ‘Great Buildings’.
- Assisting other players: To obtain a modest amount of cash, visit another player’s city and select “Renovation” or “Motivation,” or click “Support” on your friend list. With each passing epoch, the amount grows. Don’t overlook this mechanic; it allows you to amass massive quantities of cash and, on rare occasions, a plan for a Great Building.
- It’s a treasure quest. To begin treasure hunting, click the icon on the left side of the screen (under the tasks) when on the main screen of the city. This, among other things, allows the player to obtain coins. This feature, however, is only available on the PC version of the game.
Supplies are the game’s second sort of “currency,” usually utilized in conjunction with coins. As a result, it plays a similar function: it aids in developing the city, the recruitment of troops, and the investigation of new technology. Supplies, on the other hand, cannot be used to buy more Forge Points.
During supply production, you have six different production alternatives to pick from.
The following items can be used to obtain supplies in the game:
- Buildings from the “Production Buildings” tab, which includes various workshop types: You can choose from six different types of productions, each lasting 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours, 8 hours, or 24 hours.
- Conquering new territory: The player can obtain large amounts of supplies by conquering some of the areas.
- Getting missions done: Some of the tasks may reward the player with supplies if they are completed.
- It’s a treasure quest: To begin treasure hunting, click the icon on the left side of the screen (under the tasks) when on the main screen of the city. This, among other things, allows the player to obtain supplies. This feature, however, is only available on the PC version of the game.
- ‘Great Buildings’: Supplies are generated by some of the Great Buildings and special structures.
Forge of Empires comprises single-player missions and quests, seasonal events, AI opponents battles, and a multiplayer PvP mode where you may compete against other players.
Aside from building your town, recruiting troops, and collecting valuable resources, you’re able to participate in a weekly search for hidden relics in the Guild Expeditions scenario.
Forge of Empires is a free web game that allows you to command an empire. From the Stone Age through the Modern Age and Beyond, build and grow your metropolis. Investigate technologies that will allow you to add additional structures, decorations, and expansions to your city. Manage an army of five different military troops and pillage the towns of your opponents for resources. Make things with those resources and exchange them with your neighbors.
To cooperate and compete with other players, join a guild. New challenges are introduced regularly as a result of frequent special events, which makes the game unique.